Wednesday, April 2, 2014

NYC Ultra Moist Lipwear Review

Hey Beauties!

It's finally starting to feel like spring! So as the snow is melting and my house is defrosting, I figured I would give you another review. In this post I'll be reviewing the NYC Ultra Moist Lipwear in Petal and Cafe.


My boyfriend's mom actually turned me on to these because she loves them and had me try hers. They are $0.97 at most places, which is insanely cheap for lipstick. I had to wonder if the quality was suffering because of the price. NYC is a fairly cheap drugstore brand, so don't expect super high quality products when looking at these. Despite my first suspicions, I did find that this product is a nice moisturizing lipwear, which is what it claims to be. I was shocked, however that the color payoff was very weak. I don't know why, but I thought it was going to be a lot better than this.

Here are the swatches:


I did choose some of the lighter shades in this collection so I can't really speak for what the others look like. The top color you can barely see is the Petal shade and the bottom is the Cafe. I suppose these are good for a lightly tinted moisturizing lip product. The color doesn't stay for too long, but it's not like you would notice anyway because the color  is really sheer. 

The Bottom Line:
I would recommend these lipsticks for people who want a lightly tinted moisturizing lip product for cheap.

Pros:

  • Moisturizing
  • Cheap
  • Lightly Tinted (if you are into that)

Cons:

  • Weak Color Payoff (for people who like color)
  • Wears off easily

How do you like the NYC brand?

Thanks for reading! 

Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment