Friday, November 8, 2013

LORAC 3D Liquid Lustre Review

Hey Beautiful!

The other day my roommate and I set out on a mission to get her some new makeup and happened to land ourselves in Sephora. Every time I manage to go into that store I find myself just outright giddy. I can't even control myself in there. My roommate can attest for how excited I get, I almost do laps around the entire store even though I've seen almost everything a million times. It doesn't even matter to me. So because of this 'giddiness,' if you will, I decided that I would not leave that store without buying at least one thing. So as you can probably assume by this point, I left with the LORAC Rockin' Red Hot 3D Liquid Lustre Set. That is a mouthful. Just try to say that three times fast. If you can do that, I'm thoroughly impressed with you.


The set comes with four liquid eye shimmers: their most popular shade, Diamond, and three other limited time shades, Amethyst, Platinum, and Topaz. It does not include their other shade Gold. I actually really wanted to try the Gold, but these shimmers are $16 a piece. The only way I justified spending that much money was when I found the set for only $28. Score.

Here's the swatches


I have to say, I absolutely love these eye shimmers. When I came home after buying them I immediately took the Amethyst shade and tried it out. I didn't use a primer because I wasn't really trying out a full look. I just wanted to see what it looked like on my eyes. To my surprise it stayed. All night. When I went to wipe it off before bed that night, it had BARELY faded. I was expecting it to have creased worse than normal eye shadow, but it didn't! I mean, yes, it did crease a little, but not even half as much as I was assuming it would. I was shocked and delighted all at the same time. 

So fast forward to last Saturday and I wore it at a Halloween party. I wore the Diamond shade because I went as Marilyn Monroe and she was known for wearing a whiter eye shadow. I did the unthinkable and fell asleep that night without taking my makeup off. I woke up the next morning and it was still there FULLY intact. Even after tossing and turning all night, my eyeshadow hadn't budged an inch. Talk about good quality and long lasting.

Alright, moving on to the packaging. The applicator is an eye dropper that you drop one drop on your finger and then apply. You can apply more or less depending on the look you are trying to achieve. It blends out a lot better than how it looks in the swatches, I just wanted to give you guys a look at the consistency and the color: which you can see better by clicking on the image. Also make sure you shake before using because the shimmer settles to the bottom. 

The Bottom Line:
Yes, I'd recommend this!

Pros:

  • VERY long lasting
  • Very pretty shimmer/shades
  • Easy to build upon or leave as is
  • Great deal
  • Can be used on eyes or cheeks!

Cons:

  • A little difficult to apply with finger and actually get it where you want
If you have tried these, tell me how you feel about them in the comments below! What is your favorite purchase from Sephora?

Thanks for reading!

Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment