Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara

Hey Beauties!

This post is half a review and half a challenge. I received a sample size Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara in my September Glam Bag, which I was extremely excited about because I love trying new mascara. I went to the website, as I do for all products I receive in my Ipsy bags, and checked it out. I like to see the cost of the products I'm getting and what else they offer. It's a really cool way to find new brands and new favorites. That's how I fell in love with CAILYN Cosmetics. But when I checked out the website, I found that Elizabeth Mott offered two things; mascara and what they call a lash card. My immediate assumption was wow, this mascara must be pretty good if that's all they sell. On the homepage you can see that they have two pictures comparing eyelashes with two and ten plus coats with this mascara. The eyelashes with ten plus coats looked completely unreal. That lead me to my next thought: challenge accepted.


The thing that has always bothered me about mascara and the companies that supply them is the fake lashes they use for advertising. Maybe it's just me, but I want to know how it ACTUALLY looked on that model! Then at least I could have some sort of clue how it would look on me. But instead, the commercials are fake and you just have to spend the money to find out for yourself. Which is exactly why they do it and it works like a charm. But unfortunately for them, they have beauty bloggers and the power of reviews so if they have a below par product, everyone has the opportunity to find out. 

Also a side note here: 
When reviewing mascara products, I'll always show you what they look like on me. And I do understand that it looks different on everyone. At least I can give you a better clue what it REALLY looks like unlike the commercials and ads. 

So continuing on with my story. I decided to put the ten plus coats to a test to see if my lashes really did look like the picture advertised on the front page of Elizabeth Mott. After all, if they did, then they can have all my money and that's what I'll switch to. 


These are the results. The three pictures on top from left to right are the first, fifth, and tenth coats respectively. The picture on bottom compares both eyes after using ten coats but in different ways. My right eye was the one used in the above images where I took a picture after each coat. This gave it time to dry slightly before applying more. My left eye was me applying ten coats one right after the other. Definitely a difference there. The right eyelashes are darker and fuller.

As you can see in the images above the tenth coat isn't as glamorous as the one on the website. Although from far away it's not too far off. This leads me to believe that they, too, used false lashes for advertising. I must point out that I didn't use a lash card which could have helped reduce clumping as it claims on their website.

Overall though, this mascara isn't as bad as I first thought. After a couple coats it does look rather nice. It does clump a little bit as you can see, but not as bad as others I've had. It doesn't smudge or flake off throughout the day; it stays put like a good mascara is supposed to.

The Bottom Line:
No, I would not recommend this. It's not worth the $20 to me. I have drugstore brand mascara that works better than this using less coats.

Pros:

  • Doesn't flake 
  • Doesn't smudge
  • Stays put all day
  • Lengthens

Cons:

  • Expensive
  • Requires at least 3 coats to look lengthened and volumized
  • Drugstore mascaras are a better option (cheaper and seem to work better for me)
Do you own or have you tried Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara? What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for reading and Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it!

Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment