Wednesday, October 9, 2013

E.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation and Studio 83 Piece Collection Review

Hello Beautiful!

Today you get a 2-in-1 review because I recently ordered from e.l.f. Two of the items I purchased stuck out enough for me to write a review about them. The Flawless Finish Foundation in Sand and the White Studio 83 Piece Essential Makeup Collection.


I'll start with the 83 Piece Collection because I love colors. I've had my eye on this collection for quite a while. I've also had it in my cart on several different occasions willing myself to spend money on it. I hesitated for a long time because I was unsure of how much I'd use and if I'd like it. I finally waited until they had a nice enough sale and I bought it for half off. I'm glad I did buy it because it's better than I originally thought!

Here's what it includes:
  • 64 Eyeshadow Shades
  • 8 Lip Gloss Shades
  • 4 Blush Shades
  • 4 Bronzer Shades
  • 1 Lip Brush
  • 1 Eye Brush
  • 1 Face Brush
It also comes in two different color collections: white and black. The white collection has more of a summer feel with the bright colors and darker bronzers (as pictured above). The black collection has a more winter feel with the more natural, neutral shades.

As far as the quality of the product goes, it's actually pretty good for a makeup palette. The lip gloss actually comes off quite pigmented, although, as expected, it doesn't last too long. The shimmery eyeshadows are very pigmented and the blushes are all a very pretty shade too. Below are the swatches for the eyeshadows and lip glosses. The lip glosses are in order from top to bottom as they appear in the palette, while I just took some of the prettier colors I liked from the eyeshadows.


The Bottom Line:
Yes, I'd recommend this.

Pros:

  • Very pigmented shades (eyeshadows AND lip glosses)
  • Beautiful blush shades
  • Lots of bright colors to choose from
  • All contained in a nicely packaged palette

Cons:

  • Very cheap brushes that shed (with exception to the lip brush which has been great for me)
  • Lip gloss wears off fairly easy
  • Some eyeshadow shades are more pigmented than others
  • Can be messy if not taken care of as with any palette
The Flawless Finish Foundation in Sand has quite a few ups and downs. I bought it because I'm in desperate need for a good foundation and have been trying to find one that matches my skin tone. E.l.f. foundations are fairly cheap and I figured I'd start here. 


What I really liked about this foundation is the finish. It honestly lives up to the name of "flawless finish." It is more of a matte finish, but it smooths out the skin well creating an even surface to keep building.  I also really like the pump and the sleek packaging in general. It makes it really easy to use. One thing to keep in mind is that this foundation has a perfume smell to it when first applying it. I personally like it so I don't mind it, but I know some of you are sensitive to this and I wanted to let you know now. It does go away once it's dry. Another thing I noticed about this foundation is that it has an orange tint to it. I read this in some of the reviews on e.l.f.'s website, but decided to take the risk because it didn't happen for everyone. So here is my thought, it didn't work for my skin tone, but it might work for yours. You'll never know until you try it, but don't be disappointed. 

The Bottom Line:
I'm at a toss up here for recommending this. It didn't work for me, but I know some people who swear by this foundation. So take in the pros and cons I have listed below and you can make up your mind.

Pros:

  • Literally a "flawless finish"
  • Nice sleek packaging with an awesome pump
  • Makes skin very smooth and easy to build upon
  • A nice perfume smell when applying

Cons:

  • Orange tint
  • Perfume smell for those of you with sensitivities
What are your thoughts on these products? Does the Flawless Finish Foundation have an orange tint on your skin tone? If you have the 83 Piece Collection, which one do you have?

Thanks for reading!

Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment