Monday, September 23, 2013

E.L.F. Eyeliner and Shadow Stick Review

Hey Beauties!

For those of you who don't know what e.l.f. is I want to talk a little bit about that first. Eyes Lips Face, or better known as e.l.f. (eyeslipsface.com), is an online cosmetics website that is absolutely magical. The website has tons of affordable makeup products that are very decent in quality. Occasionally some of the products are on the cheaper side if you buy the items for a dollar, but it's one dollar! Most of the time it is completely worth it! You can also find e.l.f. products in stores such as the Dollar Store, Walgreen's, and Target. Personally, I always shop from the website because it is the only place where you can find the full collection. I also shop there because they ALWAYS have some sort of sale or special going on. This website is an amazing place for both starting a beauty collection or extending it!

For this post I will be reviewing the Eyeliner and Shadow Sticks from e.l.f. These products are, you guessed it, eyeliner and eye shadow in the same packaging. They are $3.00 on the website and come in six colors. I have all but the Midnight/Blue color.


The eye shadows have a creamy formula that goes on fairly smooth. It has great pigmentation, which I have swatches for below. The major downside is that it doesn't last all day. It creases rather quickly even with a basic eye primer. Wearing a good eye primer with this product is a must. The eyeliner is pretty decent, but not the best I've tried from e.l.f.  My favorite part about these products is that since they are dual ended I don't need to bring a ton of products with me. If I plan on going somewhere I normally grab these first before grabbing an eye shadow palette and eyeliners. These save space and are very pretty for on the go.


I originally bought the Brown/Basic color to give the product a shot. On the website, the Basic color looks pink which is actually one of the reasons I bought it. Beware because it is NOT pink; it's a coppery brown, which is still beautiful. One thing I do have to point out is that when I received it, the packaging was slightly broken and I had to glue it. It wasn't anything to complain about though because it still functioned properly and I still loved it. I wanted to mention that for any of you that would be highly discouraged by this. Some of e.l.f.'s products aren't always the best, but it's not high end makeup, so I personally don't mind. My Pearl/Glow shadow stick is broken off, as you can see in my picture. That is mostly because of the fact that it was rolling around in my makeup bag for a while. These sticks are rather fragile and can't handle too much wear and tear.

Here are the swatches, so you can see yourself. The first word refers to the color of the eyeliners, which are on the bottom and the second refers to the eye shadows, which are on the top.


I really don't have an absolute favorite color out of these because they are all very pretty in their own way. Smoke is more of a darker metallic grey (although it looks blue in the picture). Purple is the least shimmery out of all the colors, but it is gorgeous. I really like Glow because it's such a flattering shimmery white and same for Basic.

The Bottom Line:
Yes, I'd recommend these. But I can't promise that they will be as good as what I got. Sometimes the packaging is more cheap than others.


Pros:

  • Goes on smoothly
  • Beautiful color choices
  • Great pigmentation
  • Saves space

Cons:

  • Fades quickly
  • Fragile
  • Cheap Packaging
Do you own these products too? What are your thoughts on them? Feel free to completely disagree with me!

Thanks for reading!

Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment